8Cuts Them Buffalo Wings
How to prepare your Them Buffalo Wings:
- Thaw out the meat in the fridge overnight.
- In a clean deep pan, pour your choice of cooking oil to around 1 to 2 inches high, or just enough for deep frying. Heat the oil over medium heat until the temperature reaches 180 C, for around 20 minutes. Note: If without a thermometer, dip the end of a wooden spoon or chopstick into oil. If the oil steadily bubbles around the utensil, it should be ready. If bubbling is too vigorous, oil is too hot.
- Prepare batter by slowly incorporating 200gm (1 and ⅔ cup) of the batter mix with 300ml (1 and ¼ cup) of cold water in a mixing bowl. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Dip each piece into the batter, remove any excess, then evenly coat with the breading.
- Shake off excess breading and deep fry at 180 C until crispy and golden brown, for around 7-8 min. If needed, fry in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Heat up buffalo sauce in the microwave until warm, for around 30 seconds.
- Remove from the pan and pat dry any excess oil from the wings. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Pour buffalo sauce in the bowl and mix using tongs until chicken pieces are evenly coated.
- Transfer onto a plate and serve hot.